Feeling a little stressed or under pressure?? Would you like to know a quick and easy way to dissolve it in under a minute?? Keep reading below.....
Dr Andrew Weil developed the 4-7-8 method which helps to calm the mind and relax the body. I have been practising this daily for the past number of weeks and have started to notice a real difference within myself.
1. Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound.
2. Close your mouth, Place the tip of your tongue against the ridge of tissue just behind your upper front teeth, and keep it there through the entire exercise.
3. Inhale quietly through your nose to a mental count of four.
4. Hold your breath for a count of seven.
5. Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound to a count of eight.
6. This is one breath. Now inhale again and repeat the cycle three more times for a total of four breaths
What is happening?
People react to stressful situations in many ways, some may get angry or irritated others might become anxious or aloof.
This breathing practice helps to relax the nervous system and slow your breathing down. It can also improve digestion and stop the ‘fight or flight’ response in the body, lowering stress levels.
The method is based on an ancient Indian practice called pranayama, which means regulation of breath, and is used widely in yoga and pilates.
For more information on Dr Weil visit